Pool Closing Service
If you would like Pools by Murphy to close your pool this year, please complete the form below and send it to us.? You can also print and fax your request to us at (860-349-9891) or mail to our office at 21 Ozick Drive Durham, CT 06422.
We schedule our closings on a first come first serve basis.
Our Pool Closing service includes the following:
- Remove light debris from pool and spa.
- Drain Pool down 18".
- Blow out and winterize plumbing lines and install winter plugs.
- Winterize pump, filter, heater.
- Clean cartridges for your storage.
- Put on winter cover.
ALSO - If you need a new pool cover,
then please contact us ASAP!
(It takes several weeks to measure, manufacture and ship your custom pool cover, so you'll need to order that right away.)
Total Cost for Pool Closing: $478.58
($450.00 + CT sales tax)
If you would like to pay by credit card, please call our office at 800-851-6645.
Pay before September 1, 2019
and Save $25 INSTANTLY with PayPal!
Click the "Add to Cart" button on the next page,
and you'll save $25 INSTANTLY!
Please Remember To:
- Leave your winter cover accessible.
- Make sure we have access to pool and equipment areas.
- Pay in advance, or leave check at the pool site for pick up on the day of service. (If payment has not been made, and no check is left the day of service, there will be a $100.00 service charge, and your pool will not be closed.)
Please maintain your chlorine between 1 and 3ppm, your pH between 7.2 and 7.4, your calcium hardness 200-400ppm, and your total alkalinity at 80-120 ppm until closing!
- If you have pre-paid (or leave a check for us), you do NOT need to be home the day of your closing.
- Please vacuum your pool the evening before your scheduled service. Excessive pool cleaning due to heavy debris will be a MINIMUM additional charge of $100.00.
- It is your responsibility to maintain the water level in the pool & spa below the tile during the winter months. This is done with a sump pump placed on the 2nd step of the pool, and on the seat of the spa. Simply check periodically especially after rain or thaw and run as needed. Pools by Murphy is not responsible for replacement of broken or missing tiles due to improper water level.
- Your pool will need chemical adjustment throughout the off-season on a monthly basis, with special focus on the pH level. If you are not handling this yourself, please call our office to schedule this service.
- Payment is due at the time of service. If you have not pre-paid with PayPal or credit card, and there is no check left on site the day of the service, your pool will NOT be closed and you will be charged a $100 trip charge.
- If there are any open invoices on your account, please call Toni at 860-349-9774 (Ext 17), as we will not process any pool closing orders until your account is paid in full.